Skip to main content

Toddler Theatre

In our house, we have a thespian. Two of them really. We've always known Sophia has a flair for the dramatics and really, I have no idea where she gets that from. :::cough::: she's the apple, I'm the tree :::cough::: Sophia loves to over act, over react, over dramatize things. All of the things. And the Academy would like to recognize Sophia for Best Dramatic Performance. It can be exhausting sometimes trying to figure out how horrible, no good, very bad a situation on the bus was when she's telling me about it. I have to take it all with a grain of salt (and just what the hell does THAT mean anyway? nevermind).

Celia though, she's in the movie. In her mind. IN THE MOVIE MAMA! She is currently starring in her own version of Charlotte's Web, the live action version, thankyouverymuch. I am always reminded that I am Charlie and she is Wilvur. That's how the names are said and don't you even think of correcting her. It is not recommended. Most days I am Charlie and I can't get her to call me Mama or Mommy. I answer to it blindly, without even batting an eye. A typical conversation between her and I (at the bank, Target, grocery store)

Celia, er Wilvur: Charlie??!?
Me, I mean Charlie: Yes?
Wilvur: Is it true?
Charlie: No it's not true.
Wilvur: I can't believe it! I won't believe it!

Lather, rinse, repeat. Sure, it gets old but man she is so intense with it. Tonight, Sophia was "running lines" with her  (that's what it looked like to me) and I finally got it on video. Celia is camera shy when it comes to video. She'll ham it up for photos but video? Nope. Anyway, I present to you Toddler Theatre's run of Charlie's Web.



Sophia messed up her part and we thought it was funny.




Celia shows her how it's done. At the end of the clip she is still saying lines, but you can't really hear her. She's saying "don't worry Wilvur, it's a long time until Christams".



I can listen to her recite lines from movies all day and I've listened a lot at night when she's doing soliloquies in her room instead of sleeping. She's got pazazz for sure. I see a lot of middle school and high school plays in their futures and I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of excited about it. So remember their names, they'll be in lights some day and maybe even on an Oscar.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Has To Be Said

I haven't blogged in 8 months. We bought a house, still unpacking, school started. You know, life. I felt the need, the urgent need to blog about the Adrian Peterson situation today. I am full of all sorts of feelings and had to write about it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this whole thing. No really, I would. I don't feel I was a douchebag in my writing so all I ask is you not be a douchebag in your response. Thanks. My thoughts on the Adrian Peterson situation (but first, some backstory): I was spanked as a child. I'm pretty sure most of us that grew up in the 80s were. Until the summer between 5th and 6th grade I lived in Charelston, SC and from 6th to 11th grade, North Chicaco, IL. I have seen every form of discipline doled out on a child. I've seen spankings, beatings, hairbrushes smacked into heads, spoons hitting the tops of heads, whips, belts and even switches. I've seen it all. Most of you know that my son is named after a little boy who

This, That and The Other

I can already tell that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to suck ass even more than it normally would at my job. Last night, a guy was telling me how much he gave me, how much he was supposed to get back and THEN told me what order to give it back to him in. Um? Sir? I'm not a twit, ok, I am a twit, but I'm not an idiot. Ok, sometimes I can be. Like that time I moved up to Wisconsin in the middle of a blizzard from nice, warm Tucson, AZ for a dumb boy and we broke up less than two months later. Yeah that sucked but my point is: I've been in retail, just about every job one could have except store manager, for about oh, 19 years. I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to giving change back. Don't talk to me like I'm a 16 yr old kid who's working his first job and doesn't give a shit what kind of work ethic he has. I care about you as a customer but when you're a dick to me and pissing off everyone in my line so they are dicks to me ? Well,

Trish Needs.......

I did this cause of Suzi, whose page I read religiously - check her out here . I'm going with the top 30 Google responses to "Trish needs" because SO many of them are related to wrestling of which I am a fan but not capable of doing without killing myself and/or the other person (unless it's the husband in bed but we won't go there. No. We won't. His sister reads this! Hi Steph!) I've decided to add commentary where I feel it's needed because, well, because I can. 1. Trish needs to always be in control of the situation and her men (amen to that my friends) 2. Trish needs to get this card off as soon as possible 3. Trish needs to do some serious damage control 4. Trish needs your help (help packing, help mentally, help with laundry, help with Monkey Boy, etc) 5. Trish needs to come to OPS and talk to all counselors & supervisors 6. Trish needs a makeover ( I don't think it's THAT bad!) 7. Trish needs an intervention (I do not have an Oreo pr